Friday, February 27, 2004

Election Fever

Election is just around the corner. Cant really tell whether I'm excited or not. Think I'm not THAT excited anymore, like I used to when I was in the campus. Its strange how people can change. Have I changed over these few years. I dont think so. Politically, I still have the same basic ideas about the government and even the oppositions. My ideas and thoughts are still the same but my anxiety of the whole things has faded off. 5-10 years ago, I wouldnt mind debating with the guy/girl next door about why religion and politic do go together and why it is important that we do our part in fighting-in-HIS way. I was a rebellious who wouldnt mind facing anyone who was against my ideas and thoughts. It used to be such a thrill to able to debate with supports from the verses and hadith ( even when I recklessly always forget the original text - only the gist of the meaning). I was full of idealism. The high spirit of a youth.

I am old now. Hahaha... not physically, but mentally. The idea of debating is exhaustive. I learn by years that its quite hard to change people's perceptions and ideas. You might as well have a lenghty discussion with those with the same ideas. I dont get mad or angry anymore when people disagree. I leave things as they are. I would usually keep quiet and just observe. Some of the things they talk now have been preached by me 10 years ago.

I want to resolve more on reading now. I dont read as much as I used to. My readings now are more on fitness. I used to have a very good discussion with cK on sufism, shiah and islamic history in general. We used to read a lot just to keep with each others' knowledge. Hmmm ... may be we should do it again some times.

To quote Kalim Siddique : " .. a muttaqin will never get involved in politics ..."

hmmmmm.... *sigh*

No comments: