Thursday, March 07, 2013

Is it ?

My staff uses mixed English and Malay and sometimes if she deals with Chinese she d use her mother's tongue .... her English is so - so .... just like mine I guess ... but what we find amusing is that she always finishes her sentence with "Is it....???" .

eg:

"Are you coming to our office , is it ?"

"You have sent the documents to us is it ?"

"Oh ... you said you ve paid us ahhh , is it ?"


Oh well, thats one thing about Chinese in Malaysia, they d keep on speaking in English and not feeling shy or embarrassed about the grammar or wrong pronunciation and the other Chinese wont even laugh or make fun at them.

Unlike Malays, ever since school days, if anybody should try to speak in English, he d be the subject of mockery ...... its sad. 

Of course I never laugh at my staff, its just amusing for me and the boss.

No comments: