Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ananda; The Gold Digger

We were waiting for our 'nasi ayam' at that time for our lunch. when he suddenly said to me, with a serious note, that theres something he wanted to talk about.

"Its something to do with your phone bill. Could you please reduce the calls you ve been making"

"Uh..??"

"Your bill alone has reached RM1,500-00 ....!!"

Gosh....! Dang...! I was thinking like ouchhhh...... how could I have made all those calls up to a whopping RM1,000-00 ... no.. no... RM1,500-00...

"Errr... could I have a look at the bill later.....?"

I was so embarrassed ..... Am taking advantage of him paying the bill ? Have I gone overboard ? My mind was so occupied with the figure wondering how could I have spent that much ..... untill he gave me the bill ....

It was so shocking to see that the thousand of ringgits came from the calls made to me when I was in Cambodia. I was aware that the incoming international call from Malaysia would cost me a bit ... but I didnt realize it could reach a crazy RM1,2xx-00 !!!

Yes most of the calls were made by him, and when I looked at his bill the same days and times he called me cost him only as local calls. One call which cost me RM125-00 cost him only RM2.40.

And the total cost of all the calls I made to him when I was there was RM84-00 and most of the calls didnt even reach a minute. For a few seconds call, they charged me RM9.10 per one call.

Every SMS cost RM1.10 which I think is quite reasonable, but RM9-10 per minute ... to Cambodia ??

"Get your own prepaid card from the place you go next time ........like when you go to KL get your own prepaid card..."

"KL...??????????"

No comments: