Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ma's Salamah Saddam - Good Bye Saddam

Nora and I were surfing last nite when we came to know about Saddam's execution. At first, we both did not really know how to describe our feelings. Reading about Saddam's last moment, I could say, theres a tinge of sadness actually, not that we really like him but I supposed its because Saddam for whatever he had done to Iraqis, had actually stood up against America and I think we ought to give him some credits for that. The sadness Nora and I felt must be due to the fact that Saddam was a Muslim and that he had been handed over by the America, with all their plots and plans to eliminate him, to be executed. Nora said that may be if he had been killed by any other Muslims, we wouldnt be feeling this way; sad, disturbed, uncomfortable, wary. I dont think theres really any relieved or satisfaction in those feelings because we re not Iraqis who had been under Saddam's tyranny.

And I guess, there is sadness somewhere in every Muslims because being Muslims, theres still a bonding feeling somewhere among us especially when it comes to matters involving Muslims vs Non-Muslims, even in Saddam's case.

No comments: