Saturday, August 04, 2007

I Like ! I Want !

I am not a person anybody would fancy going shopping with. I am very bad when it comes to deciding things that I want/need to buy. A simple act of buying even a pair of sock can turn into a traumatic experience to my sister. "For goodness sake Kakak ! Its only a sock !" She once had to shout when I was toying (read: thinking/contemplating/considering/pondering/weighing up/chewing over/studying/reflecting) the idea of parting RM11-00 from my purse. No, I'm not a cheapskate either. Its just me.

It can take a few visits to the same store just to look at the shoe I found nice only to finally decide to buy it after the umpteenth's visit (the subsequent visit would always be done on my own and not taking the person I first found the shoe with).

Those above only apply to things that do not come within the definition of my cannot "tahan" impulse, because when it comes to things I cannot stand, the pressure would be much greater. To put it in Cikgu Nora Murni's words "tak tahan macam ada spring kat p*ngk*k hang". When it comes to these kind of items, I knew right and then that I HAD to have them. Like the times when I found my camera, my iBook, my favourite sweatshirt, all my 6 basketballs (yes I have 6 of them), my GAP shirts ... well there are not many of them anyway because these 'special' occasions rarely happen (assist me here Sis if you recall my crazy act of having springs on my *ass).

But that night, I had it again and this time its a bag, a fully leathered bag from the 'pasar malam' in town. I had, previously wandered around these shops because I do love leather goods, but never had I been struck so hard but THIS I knew I had to get :-



and it was only RM200-00 ! I took only one subsequent trip to the "pasar" before I gave in. After the first nite of having found it, it just glued to my mind. I tried to find ways to forget it and get on with my life (duh!), but the bag kept haunting me. I love the design and I love the workmanship too, very neatly done. It's not original Levi's but who cares when it is leather and cost only that much.


Now I can sleep soundly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you forget your car? Think you thought of getting the pair of socks longer than you thought of thinking your car :P heheheh its so you lah kakak to get the car :)

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

Do u think I got it from Abah or Mak..?

Anonymous said...

cikfit, we are indeed way too different... i kalau pergi shopping nampak yg oke je trus i grab, bayar, takde nak tawar2. lantak. kalau org shopping lama-lama i jadi restless. i just can't stand the shopping thingy... phobia kut or maybe i ikut concept... MEMBELI DAN KEMUDIAN BLAH
sapa nak jimat doit ajak la i teman shopping sure tak jadi beli barang hahaha