Friday, November 23, 2007

Stressed Distressed

When a friend is in distress, she comes to me and pour everything she feels inside. And every time I listen to their stories I would :-

1. give them a different perspective for them to look at their problems. I make them see things differently; and

2. give them my advise.

The first one seems to work everytime. It sometimes helps them see things they never see before. Usually this method applied best when they are complaining or telling me matters which involve another person, I'll try to make them see where the other person is standing and why is he/she behaving that way.

The second doesn't necessarily work because most of the times, when they come to me crying, they only want my ears and my shoulder. They only need me to listen to them and not saying anything.

I think this only applies to women. Women in distress need another being, to listen to them while they pour their hearts out . Women tend to solve their problems by talking, because they will usually see things better when they start talking. They can even find their own solutions just by talking and talking.

Man on the other hand will only come and talk to you about their problems when they need solution or advise. Otherwise, they would just go to their "cave" (as being put by John Kelabu) and try to figure things on their own.

How could I forget these basic concepts !

No wonder you can only find women talking to their cats about their problems at the office !


Ps: Don't get me wrong. I ve never had a chat session with Popo.

Macam mana aku nak curah masaalah aku kat Popo,
bila tiap kali dia nampak muka tension depress aku..
terus tutup muka..
Tak mau layanlah konon.


1 comment:

Aku... CikSekut said...

the best thing that i've done for my bestfren was...

1. be the 1st by her side
2. gave her my hug
3. sit together with her
4. not saying a single word

... and yet when the time for me to go came, she said, you are my true fren, the best i ever had. i think actions does speaks for everything...