Thursday, June 19, 2008

Few Adjustments

There are some things which I find that need a few adjustments to my new life now in Jitra. For instance:-

1. The Distance

Its now a 23 km drive from the new house to my office when it used to be only 7 km drive all these years. So, everyday its now more than a 40km drive. Hmmmm....

2. The Tolls

If I am late (which I find almost every other day) I can just use the highway which cost me RM4 to and fro; RM1.60 for the the first toll and another RM0.40 for the second one. And for one month I d have to spend close to RM120 on toll alone. Even if I dont use the first toll (by taking another route to go out through the second toll) I still have to spend almost RM32 monthly.


Now since there's a price hike on the fuel, I am seriously thinking of other alternatives to commute to work; yes, Jamis does come to my mind ... but to cycle 46 km everyday .. oh come on, even a pro will give it a second thought.. (kan Aini kan kan kan). Going is ok.. but the coming back time would be a dread, especially after all hard (?) day at work. I might have to take the taxi for me and Jamis to go back to Jitra which will defeat the purpose since the taxi price wont be RM15 anymore (before the hike).

The other choice is the BUS. Hmm.. I can park my car near the bus station in Jitra and take the bus straight to my workplace.

The price of the "I Love Jitra" thing

Oh ya, since I have to start early to work, I cant cycle and run in the morning anymore except during the weekend. So I have now started my cycling at night; quite safe actually. I dont know about my running yet.. but I'll figure it out when I buy the spot light to attach to my body during the running.......

5 comments:

Aku... CikSekut said...

cikfit:
if u nak cycle memalam makesure bawak pestol... skrg ni mcm2 tau...

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

hahaha... kalau apa2..bukan kalut nak amik pistol dulu weh.. kalut nak kena unclip kasut kat pedal tu dulu... kalau tidak jatuh sekali dgn beskal dgn pistol..tak pasal2 tergedik2 kaki kena peluru sendiri.. (bukan tergedik nak buka klip lagi dahhhh)

hahaha.. Imagine !

bola2api said...

cycle malam2 OK ke? take care ok..

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

aini: so far rasanya ok saja...i just ikut satu pusingan taman perumahan i, ikut jalan besar dgn lampu jalan. Satu round adalah kot lebih kurang 5km. I buat dalam 2,3 round saja....

:-)

Anonymous said...

Naik bus wd be best I think ?