Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Art Of Bargaining

Sometimes I really dont know how in the world I get to where I am today. I am clumsy and I am impetuous especially so when I am nervous or in a hurry.

I was in Ao Nang last weekend and to my delight there was quite a number of shops which sell imitation oil paintings. The price was not bad and I can say, cheap. You can get the famous white & black Beatles's cover album, Jimmy Hendrix, Marylyn Monroe and some other beautiful and classy paintings to your liking. At the most the prices are not more than 3000BHT (mostly around 2500BHT) for one good piece of delicate, intricate painting and for a much simpler one you can bargain for less than 1000BHT.

I was looking at some beautiful pieces at one stall and one painting of a Volkswagen beetle bug caught my eyes. There's also another interesting painting I ve been drooling to get but its a bit over my budget so I thought I d just settle for the beetle.

The VWbeetle bug cost 1200BHT and I was asking for 900BHT.

Me: Can you sell to me for 900(BHT) ?

Seller: NO... I give you 1000(BHT)

Me: Oh come on... please if you give me 900(BHT).... I'll take it...

Seller (pleading): Oooo.. 1000(BHT).... 1000(BHT) I give you 1000(BHT)

Me: 900(BHT) !

Seller: Wait.. I ask my husband. Krong krang pad thai pattaya krong plang plong.....

Seller's Husband To Wife: Plang plong krang krong pad thai phuket krabi pat pong pang....

Seller's Huband To Me: Just another 100(BHT).. I sell to you 1000(BHT)

Me: 900 (BHT) arrr....

Seller's Husband (after a few second of thought): OK

Me: Yeayyy...

Seller: You pay deposit first. You can come and take the painting tomorrow, I will do the packing for you.

Seller taking out the receipt book: Ok how much you want to give for the deposit ?

Me : 1000BHT

All was silent for a few seconds before cracking into a loud laugh in the middle of the night in the small street of Ao Nang.

Crazy me ......



*1,000BHT=RM101,43





2 comments:

ayukrukoo said...

*giler pening si seller & si buyer. but yea, they have nice paintings kan? chantek to hang in the house. i wanted to take picture while they were doing their art, kena marah tuuu. tehehee. but i hope u got what u want!*

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

ya..memang best lukisan depa.

Ingat lain kali nak pi cari bawa balik mai jual kat sini... keh keh keh

Oh ya I got what I wanted ... tapi 'kurenggg" sket lah.

:-P