Sunday, October 19, 2008

Whats Up Doc ?

I finally went to see a psychiatrist in one of the private hospitals here in Alor Setar. Its funny how the hospital works because when I wanted to make an appointment the nurse told me to "just come" at anytime before 1 pm.

Anyways, its not like I m totally new now to ADD. I did my homework, my own research and everything on the subject before I went to see him. Apparently he didnt leave me with a big impression on the subject and I doubt the pills that he gave me. He was trying to confuse me with anxiety, which of course does relate to ADD too but which I dont think he should give me the drugs before diagnosing me in the first place. His idea was to rule out anxiety so that he could see within the next two weeks whether I d have calmed down and thus giving a big entrance to the possibility of ADD/ADHD.

But of course he was right when he told me I should take all sort of tests, like the blood test, ECG test and the psychological test which also includes an IQ test, before he could diagnose me with ADD. And for these, I might have to fork out more than RM1K.

Maybe I should try KL doctors.

cK on the other hand is not so keen with the diagnosis thing. He truly believes I am ADD and I, do not disagree with him. I have been thinking a lot these few days about my past and all my so called eccentric and weird behaviour. I am also trying my best to get as much informations as I could from the internet. I m not sure whether its really that important for me to be diagnosed.

And cK was so kind to get me two books on the subject of which he asked me first before handing me the books

Are you sure you re going to read them?



Ya, ya I'm not so good with books. I'm more of a 'magazine junkie'. Because with magazines I dont have to read and focus for long.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow, i doubt you have ADD, really, after spending some time with you. even if you have some of the symptoms, i don't think it's the chronic kind of ADD since you basically have other "contra-symtomps" that are just negate the symptomps, thus leaving you as just a regular girl who sometimes loses your attention due to some other factors. but, yeah, i am no doctor, eh? ijul

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

hehe..you better talk to Nora if you want to find out how I am driving her crazy already. But because shes such a good friend, she just brushed them off... but when I explain to her about the possibility of the ADD, things started to unfold themselves. Maybe the ADD is not so serious with good friends like you and Nora, it doesnt really affect the relationship, but when I forget ppl's names just after 30 sec they told me ... hmmm it doesnt give good impression.. does it?

Aku... CikSekut said...

i still suggest that u do the checkup rather then making assumption. clear the doubt... there's no harm done if u r not ADD. At least u knew. Samada kronik atau tidak ada, baiknya u tahu keadaan diri u... Ada org yg kena ADD walaupun tak kronik tapi jika tidak mendapat bantuan awal it can become chronic too. Ada org yg mengidap ADD kronik tetapi disebabkan dia aware dgn keadaan diri dan masalah yg dihadapi, dia berupaya mengawal keadaan dari menjadi lebih teruk... :)

Hadie said...

i thought it was just normal what you're having/doing/behaving.

but then again maybe it was me who's not normal too.

lalala...

Anonymous said...

Jgn salah guna kan dadah yg diberikan doc itu sudah lah ;)

Aku... CikSekut said...

lagi bagus kalau tak ambil dadah tu before tahu apa punca... :)

just my half cent :p