Friday, August 18, 2006

Call Me Crazy .....




This is the small fountain pool they have at the Masjid Zahir's compound. Its has been there for as long as I could remember. It holds a special memory of how crazy I used to be (and still am). I was about 8 or perhaps 9 when my Aunt brought me and my brother and two other cousins to the mosque. As we were outside waiting for her, my eyes suddenly fell onto that pool, and you have no idea how crazy I could be with water (I just cannot stand looking at any river, swimming pool or lake or even that small pool) I had this sudden urge to plunge into the pool.


Me: Cik (my cousin) Aku nak terjun mandi kat kolam tu
(I want to jump into the pool)

Cik : Wehh.. hang gila ka ?
(Are you crazy ...??)

Me: Tak pa lah Cik.... Aku tak tahan dah ni...
(Oh Come on.. its ok . I just cant stand it anymore)




As I the conversation went on, I was actually pulling the zipper of my dress and almost running to the pool.

And yes, in my only underwear, I jumped into the small pool and had the blast of my 8 years (maybe 9)life. I remember that I even dived under the water and only to come up to my Aunt's glaring angry face, shouting at me to come out of the water ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Siao a lu... :P

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

Hahaha.. yeahh.. you could say that I am crazy sometimes