Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tujuh Nafas Lagi - On My Death Bed

Inikah dia
Yang kuimpikan
Dalam lambaian firdaus
Kali ini kuharapkan
Bukan fatamorgana lagi
I am on my deathbed, is this the feeling I should be having,
I can see and feel the heaven; which I hope is not just a mirage.
Jiwa lama bersengketa
Sedang hakikatnya kita sama-sama redha
Hati hamba dah sedia
Perjalanan ini tinggal tujuh nafas lagi
Its this fight inside of me not to die
But we (YOU and I) both know its a fact that we have accepted
I am now ready to go
My journey is left with only seven breaths
Sepertimu
Aku juga pernah persoalkan kekuatan batinku
Dalam seribu kekalutan kucinta
Dalam sejuta resah kucinta jua
Dalam mimpi ngeri kulihat cinta
Dalam rasa paling rendah kuangkat cinta
Just like all of you
I have doubts about the strenght of my inner soul
But in in all my unrestlessness I feel love (HIS Love)
In all my nervouseness I can still feel love (His Love)
Even in my nightmares I can still see love (His Love)
Even in my weaknesses I try to uphold love (Love for Him)
Rinduku bukanlah murahan
Jika mahu dianggapkan mainan
Kau tanya bilangan namamu kusebut
Jawapnya hanya sekali nafas tak terputus
I long for you Ya Allah
and I'm saying it just not for the sake of saying it
YOU ask me how many times do I utter (remember) YOUR Names
Its endless Ya Allah because in just one breath the chain of your names are endless (inside of me)

Cintaku yang kumaksudkan
Seperti buih-buih di bibir lautan*
Seperti nafas yang meresapi badan
Seperti kenangan yang tak pernah luput selamanya

My love for YOU Ya Allah
is like the foams at the lips of sea
spreading over my body
like a memory that never fades.....

* the lyric in the booklet put "di milik lautan" which i think if you listen carefully to the song shoud be "di bibir lautan" because you can find loads of foam only at the beach, which is the lips of the sea


************

I have to make a correction with regard to my last entry, and after a discussion with my cK, the song has nothing to do with sex. Seven breaths actually refers to the usual term used by the Sufis to express their last breaths before death.

Contrary to its upbeat rythm "broadway like" (as put by Nora)the song actually tells a story of the feeling of one is having as he is nearing death, it may not necessarily be at his deathbed (because death is in fact never far from us), it can also refer to a feeling at the highest level of divine relationship with Allah where the Sufis would refer it as "die before you die" where when you get to that stage,nothing else matters as it is only you and HIM and when there is nothing else except HIM, you are as good as a dead man (thats how cK puts it).

The person is feeling Oneness with HIM in his Dzikir and that he is surrounded by HIS love..... and is ready to end his life journey to go back to HIM for he has been longing to be with HIM



I have now with me "The Conference of the Birds" by Farid Ud-Din Attar for me to understand "Tanya Sama Itu Hud-Hud"

Dear Sifu, if you are reading this, please confirm my comprehension of this lyric.

3 comments:

at80 said...

Sis...

Wow! U make me feel so tiny.

Tetiba rasa nak pi MPH and get a copy of "The Conference of the Birds".

Again, brilliant writeup.

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

Haiyaaa.... nobody can feel big knowing there are people who are bigger .....

Anonymous said...

sekarang baruku baca dan aku bersetuju... thanks anyway making me and alee discuss about this