Thursday, January 03, 2008

John Kelabu

I found a kitten outside the gate on my way out to the office. I dont know how he got there, but he looked so fragile and vulnerable and dirty too. I guess he must have fallen into some dirty drains somewhere.

I went back into the house again and came out with some milk and wet food (Popos' obviously). He was starving alright.

When I came back that afternoon, he was within the neighbourhood, trying to eat some rice and fish thats been left by the neighbour. I thought he was so small for the rice, so I took him back and gave him milk and kibbles. I did not bring him inside the house.

Popo was not really happy with the new friend at first. He now has to share his space under my car with the new kitten. He didnt like it, I guess, because he kept coming back into the house complaining, meowing here and there (now Popo dont really usually meow) to me.

I have bought the new kitten his own kibbles, so Popo wont complain to me anymore.

I dont want to be attached to the new kitten, I just want to feed him and make him strong so he can go out and face the world on his own. It'll be difficult for me and for him if we get attached because I might have to leave him soon. I think the kitten knows that.. no strings attached, just good food and a shelter under my car.

After a couple of days, Popo is beginning to accept the new friend. Hes not jealous, he knows hes still the king of the house. He just let the kitten be.

I think I'm going to call the new cat John... After John Kelabu (go figure)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John Johnny Jonathan parapam pam pam pam pammmmm :p