Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Things I Learn

Ok. I know my heart beat has never touched 40bpm, the lowest was 79 of which i tried my best lying down in bed not moving an inch and trying my best not to even blink my eyes too, afraid that the blinking would erupt the beat.

and so I learned to listen to my own body instead of struggling to follow others' workout. I have to get it in my head, Aini is much younger and she s been at it for some times now. I have to accept that I cannot climb the hill like her at the moment, even though I do think that i dont have issues when coming down, and thats because my size is double her size.

and so i learned the best way to get it going without being "overtrained" and get all cranky and jeorpadize my relationship with everybody, is by doing it slow. Lower my heart rate to between 60-75% of the maximum heart beat, during the workout so that I could teach my body to burn the stored fat (of all my staple food of pastas pizza lasagna) first rather that groping for the carbo.

ok and so i learned i need not have to have a Prince to make me a good cyclist. I need to push more to pedal at higher cadence without even bouncing on the seat. A carbo frame wont help me at that.

and so I am learning how to balance my energy for running and cycling. I could run 10km a few weeks ago, but now, I'm back to walking and running and its such a torment to even run 3 km. My cycling on the other hand is getting better.


Now, perhaps some swimming would balance everything up ..........




9 comments:

bola2api said...

give yourself some time. I've been doing this for 1 year plus now and I learn the tricks of the trade as I go along. Be good at cycling and running first.. then when you are confident with both, you can start with swimming. Persevere, endure and train smart! :) all the best

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

Aini: Awww.. thnx for dropping by. You re right, perseverance and endurance while being smart are important..but you know lah... manusia ni (me) bukan sabar sangat selalunya.....

Actually I've started swimming a long time ago even before my running... its just now I dont have that much time to do everything at the same time......

Thanks again Aini.

Anonymous said...

Then compare yourself to me.

I can't swim, dont even have an iota of intention to take up swimming, I don't have a bike, dont plan to buy any. Even if I can swim and cycle, I'll have trouble balancing them with running and life. And I still suck at running, cant even overtake runners twice my age! So much so I ask myself why bother at all?

But at the end of the day, even a person of my calibre is ahead of those who still refuse to get their limbs moving for the sake of health. THAT makes me feel better. You shud feel even better...:)

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

Haza: thats is so sweet of you. i started swimming many years back and later I went into running and now cycling. I still have to juggle between my running and cycling and i have put aside my swimming for the time being.....

To balance everything up takes a lot of courage determination and of course energy..of which I am now learning to take vitamins...

but i really admire both of you and Aini... You both inspire me a lot... there are times when I was so dead tired running I d start thiking that if haza and aini can do it..i can to... (cuma kadang tak sedar diri depa tu dah pro...hahahah)

Anonymous said...

Aini,

aku tengok gambo hang kat dalam paper..cayalah mate!!
hope, ini akan bagi peransang pada Cik Pretty utk berkayuh dengan lebih tekun lagi.Pulun Cik Pretty Pulun!!

-aku budak pendang a.k.a ex malakoffian

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

ABP: ceh.. buat jejak kasih kat sini pula dah... :-P

Anonymous said...

jangan marah no cik pretty.
hope cik pretty makin bersemangat utk berkayuh!!

-aku budak pendang-

bola2api said...

tu aahhh.. Pulun Cik Pretty pulun!

The thing that you must understand first is yourself. Learn to love and appreciate yourself. For me, I know I have a lot of fire in me and if I don't put that fire into good use, it's gonna be wasted. And always tell yourself that you're the best. Motivate yourself. Watever you do, jgn la compare dgn orang lain sgt. As long as we are happy, that's all that matters. Kalo tak cukup training, buat la cara training tak cukup.. kita ni bukan pro. Masih kena cari duit nak makan hari2. Buat setakat yg mampu, insya allah.

And listen to your body. Kalo body hang kata, hari ni, hang larat buat 5km jer, hang buat 5km tapi make it worth it. Kalo hang rasa buleh push lebih lagi, baru hang push. It is most of the time, mind over body, tapi kalo kita push and body kita injured, tak guna jugak kan? Badan ni lama lagi nak pakai :)

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

Aini: Ya, i will try to follow your tips... maybe we can run and cycle together someday...