Monday, November 24, 2003

I want to thank you Tok for teaching me to read the Quran. She insisted, despite Abah's objection that I was too young, to teach me read the Quran at the age of 5. Tok wanted to start me off early so that by the time I reached Standard 5, the year I had to sit for Penilaian Darjah 5 (now they have UPSR for Standard 6), I would have finished and "khatam" the Quran. Tok and Mak were very strict when teaching us; me, Cik and Syafiq my brother. It was no fun for us as we had to stop playing and reached for the Muqaddam when the other children were still laughing and jumping about outside our house. The reading (of the Muqaddam n Quran) would always ended up with tears. Tok would make us repeat 10 times everytime we made mistake, and most of the times if there were still mistakes, Mak would not hesitate to pinch us. It hurt.

But all was paid off. I finished the Quran when I was only 9, two years earlier than the targetted age for Tok, 11. And by 12 I had finished my second round of reading the Quran.

And Tok still keep the recorded voice of me reading the Muqaddam when I was 5. I was so cute :)

THANK YOU TOK !

I really appreciate your efforts. Only Allah can pay you back for everything you ve done for us.......... I love you.

No comments: