Sunday, November 30, 2003

"You dont need me.... ; you only want me which to me carries more value. I feel I am extra special to you. You have everything you need, but you still want me. You want me because you value me ... and I am flattered by that"

There are things in life that we need, and there are things that we want. Needs and Wants. Both are used synonimously but theres a slight difference between the two when you go deeper into the meanings. Sometimes the things you want may be the things you need. And not all the things you want are the things you need in the first place. Like the time when you need to change your car tyres. You may not want to spend that much on the new tyres, but you need the tyres, you have to have those tyres changed. But if given a choice, you 'd rather spend those few hundred ringgit on the new Reebok shoes youve been eyeing for months, or that new dri-fit shirt, or that new Nokia hand-phone (I ve lost track of the latest Nokia gadget; they keep coming out with new model every week). The latters are the things you want; they are not the things you need. But because of the urgent needs on those tyres, you have to forgo all your wants.

"I dont need you. My life doesnt depend on you. I can still live and I can keep on going even without you. But I want you by my side. I want you to be the one who holds my hands, that someone whom I can trust, someone I can talk to, someone I can share my every thoughts and my every dreams, someone whos not afraid to love and to be loved. I want you because you accept me for what I am, not for what you want me to be. You believe in me, you care for me and you love me unconditionally. I want you for everything that you are to me ... Its true when I said my life doesnt depend on you, but when you re not there ... my heart will always long for you ......... "

No comments: