Friday, December 05, 2003

My Sister .. my only sister is on the way back to KL today. I'm trying not to be sad, because I'm planning to visit her during this Christmas time, insya Allah.

The house would be back to normal again witout her, quiet and cold. Its true how much she brings the light and the laughter to the house whenever shes around. The cousins would be flocking the house, and there would be laughter and screaming as well as my sis always love to tease those small monsters. She always wants to win with them. They'd play cards and games and she would seriously play to win. But the kids never mind that, because they love her just the same.

We're the same in some ways, and yet different. Shes more bubbly and child like and fun, unlike me whos more reserved and quiet. I envy her sometimes, the way she wins my mothers heart and the way she draws the kids to her. Mak can never get angry with her long, she would always find the way on how to make Mak smile again, and sometimes Mak couldnt help laughing with her antics.

We re 4 years apart, and people always tell us how much we look alike, I mean our face, because, Anis my younger sister, is bigger than me. Note that I use the word bigger, because she is taller and bigger than me. Not quite fat, but shes applying my diet nevertheless. When we were a bit younger, we can pass as a twin.

Our friends, on separate ocassions, always tell us how we're different from them; the way we act and the way we dress and the way we live and think. My friends can say I'm weird and all, but they havent met Anis. My sister insisted the hairdresser to color her hair "blue" the other day before Hari Raya. To her dissapointment, the hairdresser refused, while advising her that it wouldnt do any good to her hair. So they ended up agreeing on reddish-brown. My sister is also mad about shoes and most of her shoes are red or green in color. And her socks would be orange and red and green or colorful with weird patterns or with cartoons. And the other day when I was in KL, I helped her choose the red rim glass. It can only look nice on Anis. When she goes for swimming or to the gym, she would take her see-through-all-you-can knapsack. You can see everything's in the bag from the outside and yes, only Anis dares to sling the bag around her back.

I can never be like her. For all that she is, I do love her with all my heart. Shes the one I can turn to whenever sadness strikes, and sometimes whenever I tell her something, which is so petty, when I come to think of it, she would just laugh. We can share so many things, she would tell me every single things that happens in her life, unlike me who would sometimes keep certain things for myself, and she never minds that because she understands me well enough. She never hesitates to stand for me, even during all the naggings about me not being married, shed just brush them off with her remarks, which only she could do it with her wits.

Oh Sis, I may not always tell you this, but I'm glad to have you as my sister and I want to thank you for always being there for me.

*Sentimental lah pulak ... heeee

No comments: