Thursday, December 18, 2003

What do I look for in a man .... ?

Mak is not happy when I said that the man they re all "shoving" to me is NOT THE ONE. She was asking what is it about him that does not suit my taste. Well for one thing it has nothing to do with taste;... or has it ...?

Its a difficult question for me to answer. I dont look at it as a matter of taste, although taste might have some important role in making the decision. You can have feelings towards people without any concrete reason. Sometimes when you like a person, you just like him and when people ask you why do u like him, you just cant pin point the definite answer. And I am sure there are times in your life when you just dont like a person without any reason at all.

I'm not saying I dont like the guy nor am I saying that I like him. To start with, the whole concept of matchmaking has never been favoured by me. And now, that the whole family is involved, the whole thing has besome like a circus. It hurt me, especially when the relatives were intererogating me and forcing me to accept the decision they have made for me.

Now back to the question : what do I actually look for in a man. My answer will always be RESPECT. I have to respect the man. Which means that he has to earn my respect. And I know its a bit complicated because it will always follow with another question; what makes me respect a man ?

1. Knowledge ;

Someone whom I can talk to about almost everything. Especially on religion. Someone whos open to listen to my view and not being judgmental about it, one who does not live in his own world. He does not have to agree with me, suffice if he can make me agree to disagree, after a lenghty discussion, of course.

2. Firm ;

Firm enough to ignore my times of 'hormonial imbalance' and yet

3. Understanding and kind

... to acknowledge that its part of being a woman and kind enough to accept it ( 'times of hormonial imbalance)

Oh , I dont want to list down EVERYTHING ....... The first I think is enough to be the basis of my respect ........

No comments: