Wednesday, December 10, 2003

My small kampung town is going to be declared a CITY !!! Its disputable to some when they try to argue how Alor Setar, the capital of Kedah State, can be considered "city" when there are only two 7-Eleven shops and theres no Starbucks and not even a 5 star hotel. Oh dear, I'm sweating because I dont know what to answer and how to explain to all those questions. I am sure that there are many other doubts as to "Why Alor Setar?".

In case one would like to know where the hell Alor Setar is, better check this out :-
http://www.mykedah.com/

Former PM, Tun Dr Mahathir hails from Alor Setar, even the first PM, Tunku Abdul Rahman was from the same old town. And from the opposition party, the late Dato' Fadzil Noor, the former PAS President also came from Alor Setar. Yes we have quite a number of many other politicians who are and were from Kedah.

Among the requirement for a town to be declared a city, is that the state must at least have a total income of RM80 Billion a year. I cannot imagine how in the world, Kedah can afford to accumulate those income when the major income Kedah gets is from rice.

Oh how things can change by use of political means.

I want my home town to stay as it is. Let KL and let Ipoh or even Penang get all the limelight. I just love Alor Setar as it is.

No comments: