Tuesday, September 19, 2006

" I Am Near "

"When My Servants Question You About Me:
Tell them that I am Near
I respond to the dua' (prayer) when they call on Me"

Al Baqarah: 186

This is one of the most important verses in Quran that most of us tend to overlook. When we are sad, when we are lost and when things are not according to what we hope for, we forget that HE is very close and near to us. HE listens to every of our prayers and hopes. HE knows our fears and worries but HE has also promised that HE will not burden us with something that we cannot bear.

Some Muslims who convert to Christianity feel that when they were Muslims, they felt that HE was far from them and when the Christians missionaries told them that Jesus is close, they fell for it and embraced the concept without hesitation.

Is it our faults, the Muslims, for spreading more of HIS wrath rather than HIS Rahman and Rahim (Most Merciful and Most Compassionate) ?

Is it our fault that we do not tell our brothers and sisters that Allah is indeed close and very near to us and that HE actually listens to us .......?

Well, HE has listened to my prayers and HE has granted most of the things I asked for. (Of course the iPod 80GB prayer is still under consideration.... I hope).

. I asked HIM to make my relationship with my Mom smooth ... (Checked) - granted
. I asked HIM to give me a man I can respect ... (Checked) * -granted
. I asked HIM for a car I could go places ..... (Checked) - granted
. I asked HIM for an iBook ... (Checked) - granted

I asked HIM for lots of other things that I now realized that HE actually listened and granted! ALHAMDULILLAH

and for the things HE has not (yet) granted or will not grant ... I leave that its for my best interest.





And why do I still fail to be his loyal servant ..................................................



*note: forgot to ask for a Husband I can respect: dua' duly amended (on the way... *wink*)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ameeeeen.
.
Esp the 'note' bit

a.n.i.Q.u.e said...

Thank you...

*Hugs*